We keep a keen eye out for signs that can appear during routine checkups so they can be identified before symptoms develop. This can mean the difference between a maintenance procedure and a dental crisis.
Some general dentistry treatments you may need at some point include:
- Composite fillings– these are used to restore decayed teeth. Composites are applied in layers and hardened using curing lights, which help the layers bond with the tooth. Once the process is finished, the composite is polished to prevent staining and wear.
The greatest advantage of composite fillings is aesthetics. Different shades can be blended together to create a nearly identical color to that of your real tooth. When you laugh or talk, people will only notice your teeth- not your restorations.
- Dental crowns- a crown covers and supports a tooth when the root of the tooth is intact, but the surface is damaged due to trauma or decay. A crown is often used to protect a weak tooth from breaking, or to restore a broken one. It is also a way to cover discolored or badly shaped teeth.
- Bridges- these are used to restore one or more missing teeth. A dental bridge consists of two crowns on either side of the missing teeth and false teeth in between. Bridges also can be supported by dental implants.
- Periodontal therapy- Oral health and the appearance of your gum tissue help define your smile. We use the most advanced technology and a team of highly experienced hygienists to work to help you support and maintain healthy gum tissue. We offer antibiotic placement and gum therapy to improve the health of your gum tissue.
- Restorative Dentistry- we view this as restoring your mouth to optimal health by using leading-edge materials and technology so your teeth, gums and jaws will function properly for years to come without frequent visits to the dentist. This style of dentistry repairs cracked or missing teeth and replaces old metal fillings, ugly crowns and old composites that have become discolored or dysfunctional. It also means restoring implants for missing teeth. Partials and dentures are sometimes needed when more than a few teeth are missing.
- Teeth Cleanings- we offer teeth cleanings as well as other alternative hygiene treatments. Sometimes we find periodontal disease or gingivitis that needs to be cared for with a different technique. Our hygienists are trained in the use of antibiotic placement and the use of piezos- a type of dental scaler- to obtain bacterial reduction, which helps shrink pockets and combat periodontal disease. It is our goal to keep your teeth and gums healthy. With regular dental cleanings and great home care, we are confident healthy tissue can be achieved for a lifetime. Regular teeth cleanings and current X-rays help us detect cavities. The sooner dental decay is detected, the easier and less costly the solution.
Contact us now to set up an appointment for an exam.